Previously nominated for the inaugural Stellar Award for And in the Morning and Flames of the Tiger, this is John Wilson's third nomination.
John Wilson was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. He grew up on the Island of Skye, and in Paisley, where And in the Morning takes place.
After university, where he obtained an Honours degree in Geology, Wilson worked as a geological surveyor in Zimbabwe, before moving to Canada. For nine years, he worked for the Alberta Geological Survey.
In 1986, he took a trip around the world, which inspired him to write an article which was published in the Globe and Mail. This success prompted him to become a full-time writer. A self-proclaimed history addict, Wilson writes historical fiction and non-fiction and biographies. He enjoys traveling across the country sharing stories from his books and discussing their historical background.
Wilson now lives in Lantzville on Vancouver Island with his wife and three kids.
- The Alchemist's Dream, Key Porter Publishing, 2007
- Where Soldier's Lie, Key Porter Publishing, 2006
- Red Goodwin, Ronsdale Press, 2006
- Battle Scars, Kids Can Press, 2005
- Flags of War, Kids Can Press, 2004
- Adrift in Time, Ronsdale Press, 2003
- And in the Morning, Kids Can Press, 2003
- Flames of the Tiger, Kids Can Press, 2003
- Righting Wrongs: The Story of Norman Bethune, Napoleon, 2001
- Ghosts of James Bay, Beach Holme, 2001
- John Franklin: Traveller on Undiscovered Seas, XYZ, 2001
- Lost in Spain, Fitzhenry & Whiteside, 2000
- North with Franklin: The Lost Journals of James Fitzjames, Fitzhenry & Whiteside, 1999
- Norman Bethune: A Life of Passionate Conviction, XYZ, 1999
- Across Frozen Seas, Beach Holme, 1997